When the Microsoft Outlook keeps asking for Passwords, it can get really disturbing to get through the work. But a silly problem like this should not be getting in the way of completing our simple, yet most important tasks related to our profession.
So, here is what you should do when Ms Outlook keeps asking for a password in Windows. You should start with trying on the methods in the chronological order, until the entire issue is resolved.
METHOD 1: OWA: Outlook Web Access
Try logging into OWA, Outlook Web Access, and if the user is able to do it, then it is suggested that the Microsoft Outlook application should be shut down and restarted.
Then log in to the Microsoft Outlook and you should be able to use the application without any further prompts for passwords. Also, ensure to check the ‘Remember Credentials’ box so that the application can save your details for future reference.
METHOD 2: Update the application
Well, there are times when our computer system prompts messages to update something or the other and we always end up pressing ‘Remind Me Later.’
Similarly, our Microsoft Outlook must have been waiting to get updated and that could be a reason for this problem too. Update your Microsoft Outlook, login into it and use it to see if the problem still persists.
METHOD 3: Clear your cached passwords
Choose to clear your cached passwords from the computer system that you are using as this might be coming in your way. You can easily do this by following the simple steps that we mention below:
- Exit Microsoft Outlook.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button and open the Control Panel.
- Check in the upper right of the window for ‘View by:’ and select ‘Large Icons’ from the drop down list.
- Look for ‘User Accounts’ and click on it.
- See in the column on the left and click on ‘Manage your Credentials’.
- Select all the credentials in there and choose ‘Remove from Vault.’
- Once this is done, Exit and reboot your computer system.
Now login in the Microsoft Outlook again and check if it works fine now.
METHOD 4: Uncheck the ‘Always Prompt for Logon Credentials’ Option
There are chances that your Microsoft Outlook must be continuously asking for a password on your command. To confirm this and uncheck this, follow the steps that lay down below for you:
- Launch Microsoft Outlook.
- Open File tab from the top left of the window.
- Select Account Setting from the Account Setting section.
- Select your account and click on the Change button.
- Go for the More Settings button.
- Further, switch to the Security tab.
- From under the user identification, uncheck the ‘Always prompt for logon credentials’.
- Click OK to finish the process and close the application.
Login into the application again and if the problem still persists, it is best to create a new account with Microsoft Outlook and start fresh.
What if I lose data in the process?
If you lose any of your data including emails, mailbox items, contacts, calendars, and anything else related to Microsoft Outlook during this process, here is what can help you.
Stellar Repair for Outlook: This is a DIY PST repair software offered by Stellar which helps the users recover all kinds of data related to Microsoft Outlook.
- If the above mentioned issue has put you in a position where you lost your data, you can rely on this software to recover data for you.
- Not only data recovery, the same software is also capable of repairing .PST files which are one of the most important elements in Microsoft Outlook.
- Common Microsoft Outlook data file errors such as 0x80040116, 0x80040600, 0x80040119, etc are also handled by this software very efficiently.
So, with this software, restore data, repair .PST files, fix errors, preview files before recovery and do what not.
When Microsoft Outlook prompts you to punch in the password again and again, ensure to try all of these methods to figure out which would work the best in your case. Lastly, if there is any data loss or damage, you always have the back of Stellar Repair for Outlook that helps to get you out of any such situation.
Stellar is one of the leading data recovery software and services providers in India. From email repair, to file repair software to data wiping, stellar offers 1 stop solutions for all data recovery needs.